Chiropractic Preceptorship Program
The intern preceptorship program is a clinical educational program for qualified students in their last term of chiropractic school. It allows an opportunity for a student to gain clinical and business experience with our doctors within our private practice setting. Through a mentorship-type relationship with our licensed chiropractors, students have an opportunity to gain valuable insight into the everyday management of a private practice.
Active participation, assignments, and fulfillment of clinical hours are required. Students participating in a preceptorship are responsible for upholding rules, regulations, and policies set forth by Simply Southern Chiropractic Center, the South Carolina Labor, Licensing, and Regulation Board (LLR), and their respective chiropractic college.
The intern preceptorship program is an educational program, not an employment program. Neither the preceptor nor the intern should view involvement in the program as an employment arrangement, and the preceptor should not be dependent upon the intern for office coverage. Both the preceptor and the intern understand the intern has no entitlement to a job at the conclusion of the preceptorship. Interns participate without compensation.
The following eligibility requirements must be met by the beginning of their last term. The student must:
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale.
• Have completed all clinic requirements, both qualitative (QE) and quantitative credits.
• Have passed the Clinical and Radiology OSCE exams.
• Have successfully completed any assigned clinical remedial program(s).
• Be registered for last term courses.
• Have passing scores on one or more parts of the National Board of Chiropractic
• Examiners examinations, if required by the state.
• Have completed any paperwork required by the state or province, if required.
• Be approved by the state or province chiropractic board, if required.
• Be approved by their college for the preceptorship.